Our well-known Retail client company is a $20B in sales, public chain with 2,000+ big box stores. This role will oversee all Human Resources for the Western region of (4) Distribution Centers for our client. It offers a compelling compensation package and opportunity for personal career growth.
In this high-impact, very influential executive leadership role, you will be a trusted advisor to business leaders, driving key strategic and operational initiatives that impact over 7000 managers and associates.
- Leads, develops and oversees 3 DC HR Directors.
- Ensures and holds the team accountable to strategic business goals and objectives.
- Develops team to take on higher levels of responsibility in the future.
- Leads, oversees and aligns the organization's goals and business objectives through strategic workforce planning, succession planning, career development, and performance management to drive processes and results.
- Understands the Supply Chain business operating model and assesses the impact of any changes on existing talent.
- Facilitates organizational change management and helps leaders align communication, behavior, and infrastructure to support the desired changes.
- Partners closely with peer Sr. Director, HR to ensure consistency, share best practices, and achieve results.
- Builds relationships with appropriate senior business leaders to establish credibility as a trusted advisor to influence and support key strategic and operational decisions.
- Strategically partner with Supply Chain Business Partner to build the talent strategy, capabilities, and bench strength, ensuring a qualified and ready pipeline of successors.
- Collaborate and leverage HR Partners (HRBPs, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Diversity, Equality & Inclusion, and Total Rewards, Legal, and Communications) to deliver HR solutions that meet business needs.
- Mitigate risk by ensuring appropriate escalation/investigation of performance, conduct, and other Associate Relations related matters, working closely with the shared services team to manage the issues.
- Manage network-level people projects to ensure achievement of goals and alignment among the DCs.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement in HR and within the business by establishing new approaches, policies, and procedures that drive ongoing efficiencies.
- Continually assess the HR implications of client-driven strategic options and proactively communicate with Business Partner.
- Identify and support critical metrics to assess and measure impact and results.
Monitor Culture and Drive Change:
- Drive and influence the adoption of HR policies and practices and educate leaders and managers regarding HR capabilities.
- Support the 'One HR' culture, mutual accountability, and respect within the HR team.
- Drive organizational improvements and decision-making to constantly improve corporate talent across the business while balancing both strategic needs and tactical goals.
- Keep succession planning, career development, and performance management processes and results aligned with the organization's goals.
- Support and drive diversity, equality, and inclusion initiatives at all levels; foster a culture of associate engagement.
- Partner with Supply Chain leadership to effectively manage and lead change in the organization, providing the right amount of transparency to Associates and giving leaders the right tools to lead change.
- Support all other HR initiatives across the calendar year and stay updated on upcoming initiatives.
- Support Supply Chain growth; assist, as necessary, in opening new distribution centers across the network, including developing internal talent for transfer, training external hires, and training HR teams at new DCs.
· Building Effective Teams
· Communicates Effectively
· Developing Talent
· Ensures Accountability and Execution
· Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
· Manages Conflict
· Organizational Agility
· Business Acumen
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 10 plus years of progressive HR relevant business unit experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Management, Organization Development or related field; SPHR or SHRM-SCP desired.
- Experience leading projects and helping to foster/create a positive working environment.
- Skilled at designing, building, and implementing HR functional programs, policies, tools, and procedures.
- Experience successfully managing multiple priorities and projects through successful delivery and implementation under time, budget, and political pressure; able to work in a fast-paced, growing business environment.
- Experience working collaboratively to facilitate the delivery of HR support; demonstrated ability to influence others at all levels without authority.
- Strong ability to partner with Human Resources (e.g., Compensation, Learning & Development, and Associate Relations) with a mix of operational, strategic, and systems thinking experience.
- Experience working with a service delivery model that includes shared services.
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Job requires occasional travel.
- 3 Directors HR, Supply Chain
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Our client is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Our client is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.