GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for a seasoned Senior Director / Director level Sales Professional located in the NorthEast (NY, NJ, MA) region.
About Our Client:
Our client combines expertise in cloud computing and bioinformatics to create the global network for genomics. Our client’s secure, scalable, and collaborative cloud-based platform helps thousands of researchers across a spectrum of industries – biopharmaceutical, agriculture, sequencing services, clinical diagnostics, government, and research consortia – accelerate their genomics programs globally.
The Senior Director of Business Development will be responsible for sales activity related to the successful outreach, development and closure of business within healthcare, pharma, and clinical diagnostics. Focus will be placed on generating new business while maintaining existing customer accounts. Current R&D/Development IT infrastructure knowledge and expertise are required.
- Work collaboratively with science, channels, inside sales, and marketing to build, and execute, a successful business plan for assigned territory.
- Maintain and grow the forecast projections for existing business.
- Identify, and close, new business opportunities in a timely manner.
- Ensure that internal touch points and activities associated with a specific account are meeting customer expectations.
- Closely manage software trials and pilots through the establishment of mutually agreed success criteria.
- Contact current and prospective customers on a consistent and systematic basis to develop and close software license orders.
- Engage and support channel partners at the field level.
- Coordinate attendance of current and prospective customers to webinars and tradeshows to drive knowledge, adoption and usage of the platform.
- Develop and maintain a 3x pipeline to quota of well qualified opportunities to meet and exceed all assigned business objectives and performance requirements on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Travel when necessary to develop and bring to closure business with new and existing customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline.
- Demonstrated sales and performance over achievement as evidenced by consistent quota attainment. Proven ability to negotiate contract terms.
- Demonstrated work experience in R&D IT (e.g. LIMS, ELN)
- Relevant informatics sales experience in the life sciences industry.
- Working knowledge of genomics and the analysis of sequencing data.
- Understanding of the clinical trial process is a plus.
- Aptitude for understanding and communicating scientific concepts, applications and methods.
- Proven ability to prospect, qualify leads, and manage integrated sales processes.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with management, support, sales, and marketing teams, as well as with all customer types.
- Strong team player with proven ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team environment.
GeneCoda® refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.