This is much more of an "artistic" opportunity than a "mechanical design" opportunity. This is an amazing opportunity for you to apply your artistic design savvy in a company that sells millions of potted plant containers to north Americas largest retailers each year. Ultimately, we need you to come up with new designs, colours, textures, sizes and shapes for flower and plant containers. You will have a lot of creative autonomy with this dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. Many of your best designs will end up on store shelves and in homes. This is the type of company where you will gain more hands on experience in one year than five years at an agency. The office is fun and the atmosphere is friendly. Your design and project management expertise as well as your attention to detail and ability to keep others organized will help keep the “team moving forward at full-speed”. Having grown by 500% over a 10 year period the office is fun, the atmosphere is friendly, and the workspace is newly renovated and lovely to work in.
TITLE: SENIOR DESIGNER - PLANT POTS
WHAT YOU WOULD DO:
- Design plastic planters, decorative plastic pots, indoor decorative cover pots, enviropots and nursery containers using a wide variety of colours, textures, patterns and sizes
- Bring ideas to life with sketches and drawings
- Present sketches, ideas and innovative solutions to the in-house sales team
- Build virtual and real prototypes using Photoshop, Illustrator, SolidWorks, clay and other materials
- Paint, decorate and modify physical prototypes as required
- Mange product details and specifications (size, weight, colour etc.)
- Communicate with customers, staff, suppliers, vendors and company owned production factory
- Communicate and organize incoming requests for deliverables and prioritize and determine schedules and resources while helping to resolve issues impacting timelines.
- Act as a timeline gatekeeper for design, sales and marking projects and be a key communicator between departments.
- Ensure plans are coordinated and teams deliver projects within agreed timelines.
- Keep an eye on the big picture while managing the small details.
- Update and meet with design, sales and marketing teams as well as clients to provide project updates and manage ongoing changes in specifications or scope of work.
- Help estimate project timelines and ensure that you have the resources required to exceed client expectations.
- Be proactive and find solutions when things don't necessarily go to plan, thinking on your feet and tackling challenges head-on, showing empathy for both clients and internal teams.
- Demonstrate a passion for marketing and product design so you can naturally step into projects that require a high level of expertise.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the value proposition for the brand and ensure consistency and quality across all teams and products.
- Provide a strong sense of ownership, and an insatiable appetite for learning.
- Broad interest in design trends
- Digital product design experience
- A strong design portfolio
- Understanding of the plastic moulding process
- Photoshop or similar
- SolidWorks or similar
- Well organized with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience and ability to work harmoniously with a wide range of people.
- Self motivated; ability to accomplish tasks with minimal instruction.
- Ability to be objective in all communications.
- Able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- You have spent a few years in a similar role and are ready to step into a bigger challenge.
- Able to travel within North America and Asia infrequently (post Covid).
For the most part this is a Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm role however, flexible hours are sometimes necessary. Occasionally, tight deadlines may require late hours.
Contact: Jeff Richmond at 416-238-6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online
For more information see: www.nafor.com/4092
CTi-Centrade embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.