This exciting role as a Senior Design Engineer – R&D Originate and develop designs of structures and devices, apply physical and chemical theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complicated problems relating to engineering design, materials, and processes and design and develop research and testing equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Click here to apply online
- Design components of a major functional system
- Plan, coordinate, and check engineering changes prior to supervisory signature
- Investigate ad troubleshoot product design related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Develop agency submittals and coordinate available testing.
- Develop evaluation test plans and coordinate with designers and lab personnel on test set-up, data acquisition, interpretation of data and means for achieving desired test results.
- Investigate pertinent factors such as inter-changeability, service requirements, efficiency and agency requirements.
- Make theoretical and experimental investigations of designs and processes and formulate the basic method of approach to the solution of problems that are fundamentally of an indeterminate nature.
- Determine standards methods applicable to a problem or test and devise special means of empirically testing the problem assigned.
- Evaluate and design products for ease of manufacturability, and to meet cost and performance targets
- Assist in the start-up of new products.
- Coordinate with vendors on new or existing components.
- Apply physical chemical and or mathematical concepts to solve design related problems, and the creation of new designs
- Lead small design projects
- Work within cross-functional teams.