ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and formulates engineering activities according to project requirements.
- Supports new project planning, scheduling, preliminary design, and costing efforts.
- Generates product functional specifications and product test requirements.
- Reviews product design for compliance with relevant design standards and marketing needs.
- Reviews and reports project status against the schedule during the development cycle.
- Resolves engineering design and testing problems.
- Documents products per company requirements.
- Helps train and direct support personnel as required.
- Does research into new applications/methods as required.
- Reviews and refines methods to enhance hardware/firmware development.
- Consults with software engineering staff to optimize interfaces between hardware and software.
- Agrees to execute all required research and development tasks and any other projects so directed by management.
- Continues to seek education to enhance abilities.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good typing (i.e.; 40+ wpm), and grammar skills.
- Position requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (BSEE), additional Computer Engineering (BSCE) degree is a plus.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year’s experience using and designing with microcontrollers (hardware/software), compiler and schematic capture tools.
- Experience with analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion devices, and familiarity with network I/O protocols (Ethernet Modbus/TCP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet) a plus.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work with people and understand their needs quickly.