Reporting to the President of a manufacturer of the most durable, specialized, open deck, semi-trailers on the road. The company operates out of two facility’s, employing over 50 personnel with an annual revenue of $16mil, and a history of significant growth each year since inception Their leadership team has over 100 years of combined experience, selling, designing, and manufacturing custom heavy haul semi-trailers for the commercial or construction markets and anywhere in between.
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for product designs and development. Requires hands-on experience using CAD software, with strong attention to detail and a creative flair. Possess rock-solid project management skills to meet the daily demands of the role. Additional responsibilities include - Maintain and improve existing products and processes; Work closely with the sales team to support customer needs; Design new products and processes; Craft models and drawings of products using CAD; Analyze prototype data and retest if needed; Perform FEA analysis on new and existing products; Research new product ideas and methods; Ensure compliance with the industry’s safety standards; Work with and support fabrication, welding, and production teams to ensure designs can be manufactured within our available means, in the specified time and to our quality standards; Create detailed bills of material; Identify and source purchased components; Maintain accurate records; Ensure products are user- and environment-friendly; Write detailed reports; Find creative design solutions to problems; Present prototypes and designs to customers and project managers.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Product design within a trailer or heavy equipment manufacturing environment (5 years minimum)
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and tool design
- New product development
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment
- Understanding of safety standards and environmental impact of a design
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Industry Related Software (CAD, Inventor)
- Education: Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Residence: Remote, USA
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Education: Advanced Degree, Professional Licensing or Advanced Certification
- Highly Motivated: Possess the ability to work independently and as a teammate.
- Lead and manage internal personnel
- Ability to identify what is needed to be accomplished and immediately drive towards solutions that meet existing needs of the business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present in front of stakeholders and managers
- Great computational and spatial ability
- Attention to detail
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online