This exciting role as a Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for originating and developing designs for a secondary element, a minor functional system or component parts of a structure or device. Apply for and obtain product listing with approval agencies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop both 3D solid models and 2D production drawings & design components of a major functional system.
- Plan, coordinate, and check engineering changes prior to supervisory signature
- Investigate and troubleshoot product design related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and performing corrective/improvement changes. Develop agency submittals and coordinate available testing.
- Develop evaluation test plans and coordinate with designers and lab personnel on test set-up, data acquisition, interpretation of data and means for achieving desired test results.
- Investigate pertinent factors such as inter-changeability, service requirements, efficiency and agency requirements.
- Evaluate and design products for ease of manufacturability, and meet cost and performance targets. Assist in the start-up of new products.
- Coordinate with vendors on new or existing components. Apply physical chemical and or mathematical concepts to solve design related problems, and the creation of new designs
WHAT YOU NEED
- BS degree in engineering.
- Five (5) years related job experience utilizing design principles.
- Knowledge in gas combustion principles.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work with mathematic concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Occasional travel required
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Experience in appliance design.
- Working knowledge of UL and CSA water heater standards.
- Working knowledge of Pro-Engineer solid modeling software.
- Experience in manufacturing processes engineering and engineering computer systems.
- Experience in working with governing certification standards and agencies
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes
- 5-7 years of related experience in design & manufacture of products.