Our Fortune 300, $13B client, is a leader in their retail business segment with sales and profit increases year-after-year and record-breaking earnings for 2019. Forbes also recognized them as being one of America's Best Employers.
Our client relies on insightful data to power our systems and solutions. They're seeking an experienced Data Scientist for an elite team that delivers daily insights, collaborating with various stakeholders to develop an understanding of their needs. Researching and devising innovative statistical models for data analysis, you will then implement analytics for meaningful insights that will enable smarter business processes, communicating your findings to all stakeholders that might include company executives.
You'll have the mathematical and statistical expertise you'd expect, but a natural curiosity and creative mind that's not so easy to find. As you mine, interpret, and clean data, my client, will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—all to realize the data's full potential.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improve product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies.
- Assist in translating complex datasets into strategic insights for the business; communicate to non-technical audiences, visualize results, and create understanding and solution buy-in.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 4 years' experience in Data Science.
- A solid statistical skillset is required, like multiple linear regression, multivariate adaptive regression spline, cluster analysis, time series modeling, etc.
- A strong data skill set is also needed-- like SQL programming and SAS data step programming to get the data prepared for analysis and modeling.
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience.
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, SAS, and experience with other programming languages (i.e., R, Python).
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects.