BCTG’s direct client is looking for a permanent Senior Data Engineer. This position can be in New York, NY, Marlborough, MA, Irvine, CA or El Paso, TX.
*This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices reopen. Once offices reopen, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
The Senior Data Engineer will create and implement strategies directed at acquiring data from new and existing sources, build a modern data platform and promote the development of insights and data driven decisions using our Operational, Sales and Marketing data to improve Business Process efficiency and Product quality.
- Design and Develop Data platforms and pipelines
- Evaluate gaps in existing data platform and aid the implementation of a modern data platform
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing data infrastructure for greater scalability
- Ensure the effective collection, organization and distribution of data, from a variety of data sources
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Gather business needs and translating into analytical problems
- Translate business questions and concerns into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with available data using sound methodologies.
- Create and maintain excellent data documentation that allows the data to be understood (Metadata) and leveraged for additional use.
- Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions.
- Design and implement predictive & prescriptive data models
- Analyze data to find actionable insights and “tell the story” of our business as well as help deliver solutions to any business needs using machine learning, text-mining/NLP to extract insights from structured and unstructured data to assist in new product development, improving the quality of the products, improving customer service experience
- Explore/Analyze Company’s Operational data and find correlation between different business process to improve and/or recommend changes to Business Processes
- Develop programs to assist business in improving Marketing strategy, Product Pricing and customer retention
- Create and implement customer centric solutions
- Build strong relationships with the different departments, teams, and support functions to understand the business needs.
- Collaborate and knowledge share with internal stakeholders to ensure single source of truth for all data
- Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication
- Determines business information needs, identifies system requirements, KPIs, and methods for the data warehouse to assist with operational and strategic planning.
- Develops and implements effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Troubleshoot data quality issues - identifying root cause/system & documentation/communication of resolution
- Deliver value-add solutions at the speed of business
requirements for consideration
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in related field
- 4+ years working on Data Platforms
- 2+ years on a Modern Data Platform. (AWS, Azure, Snowflake etc.)
- Experience in evaluating, designing, and implementing data platforms and data pipelines to scale and automate extraction of data from multiple internal and external sources
- Experience articulating business questions and using quantitative techniques and driving insights for business
- Solution-oriented with an ability to identify and assess risk and prioritize competing demands
- Strong storytelling skills to help decision-makers see the big picture and act on the results of analysis
- Ability to devise and deliver persuasive presentations, based on data-driven insights and facts, to gain support for business strategies and/or initiatives
- Curious, independent mindset and attitude – you explore new technological & methodical options independently
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (Waterfall and Agile), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong programming skills in R / Python or equivalent tools for exploratory and predictive analytics
- Proficiency in data transformations, handling missing data, feature engineering, regression, classification, and clustering analysis
- Deep technical understanding of machine learning (linear models, decision trees, boosting, random forest, k-means, ensemble models etc.)
- Experience in relational databases such as Oracle and proficiency with SQL
- Experience working with structured, semi structured (JSON, XML) & unstructured data types (text, files etc.)
- Familiarity with Git, NoSql databases, Spark, TensorFlow
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis