Reporting to the Vice President of IT Operations for a single-source provider of specialized truck and heavy equipment solutions. With $1 billion in revenue, the company has 1,500 employees operating from 24 locations across North America.
The Senior Data Architect will have direct responsibility for both the daily operations and the ongoing improvement of the company’s data warehouse and reporting environments utilizing the Microsoft BI Stack. Must apply strong management skills, working collaboratively with a small team of associates to define the strategies, scope, plans, schedules, and documentation for the environments and solutions. This position should also possess strong leadership in the field of advanced analytics, data science and data analysis along with the ability to effectively communicate with the business for turning data into clear and usable business intelligence. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Building and contributing to the design of database systems, both normalized transactional systems and dimensional reporting systems. (5 years)
- Advanced analysis with writing and debugging SQL Queries and database fundamentals in SQL Server
- Understanding of, or direct experience working with Microsoft Azure environment as it relates to SQL Server and Azure SQL database.
- SQL Server as a database engine as well as experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- High-level understanding on deploying BI solutions using Microsoft Power BI or similar enterprise reporting tools.
- Project management/Scrum Methodology
- Technical breadth and depth in networking; Office and Back Office product suites.
- Residence: Kansas City, KS
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Implementation and acceptance of new ERP System
- Hardware acquisition
- KPI’s (dashboard)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Work closely with the internal functional teams to support product and reporting requirements
- Excellent communications (verbal, written and presentation)
- Problem solving & Analytical
- Attention to detail
- Identify and implement process improvements opportunities.
- Plan, test, implement, and troubleshoot software upgrades.
- Support and develop end user training documentation.
- Monitor and recommend software licensing changes to control costs.
- Monitoring of and responding to application support tickets.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Josiah DiPaolo
330.664.9400, ext.140Click here to apply online