Magellan Aerospace, Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Customer Account Manager
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 40 hours per week
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
The Senior Customer Account Manager role is a key stakeholder interface function, providing collaborative behaviours in order to enhance the customer experience and deliver positive outcomes for the business. The role is accountable for the strategic management of selected key portfolio customers, such that in-contract aspects including commercial exposure, revenues, aged debt and product change enquiries, are managed in order to deliver positive outcomes for the business. This role is comprehensively responsible for the end-to-end customer experience in terms of order placement to payment recovery.
• Compile regular customer performance reporting pack covering revenue, delivery, quality and payment.
• Build long-term intimacy with the customer and stakeholder communities and ensure the relationship is at a level to protect, sustain and grow the business.
• Be the main point of contact for performance, communication, escalation, reporting and satisfaction for customers assigned to the portfolio of the post holder.
• Ensure that requirements for performance recovery plans are proactively identified and obtained from the relevant business areas and monitor execution to schedule.
• Ensure the customer is effectively communicated with on all relevant issues affecting their performance to contract. Adherence to purchase order fixed windows for example.
• Collaborate customer scorecards to ensure equitable judgement of business performance and in order to forecast / mitigate potential liquidated damages, plus other contractual remedies.
• Manage in-contract product change / modification requests; involving all key stakeholders in order to deliver contract compliant commercial variation proposals.
• Manage warranty accepted customer claims to ensure that restorative and corrective actions are completed in a timely manner and consistent with the contract.
• Produce, manage and make visible, key performance indicators to the business. Proactively escalate risk issues both internally to stakeholders and externally to customers.
• Participate in structured and regular (on and off-site) review meetings and generate data / information to ensure effectiveness of contribution / output.
• Secure data for the business ERP system in order to provide an accurate and realistic 2-year rolling demand plan based on key market intelligence, capabilities, capacity, input from New Product Introduction (NPI) and other initiatives.
• Support the compilation of sales forecasts, identifying any risks, monitor fluctuations and challenge Customer on significant variances.
• Provide input and support on NPI to the Project team and articulate the information for the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process demand step.
• Assist the Director, Business Development & Commercial – Europe and the Customer Programme Manager in delivering order intake and delivering strategic initiatives
• Promote and encourage team working across functional roles to ensure delivery of contractual requirements, minimise risk and win business.
• Contribute to developing continuous improvement and innovative ways of doing business to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the customer experience and to minimise costs within the contract.
• Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety based upon safe working practices and support environmental initiatives.
• Support for business strategy and departmental goals and objectives.
• Provide cover and support for departmental and other related activities.
• Ensure that all work activities and records comply with Company Policies, Procedures and Codes of Practice.
• Coordination with and support for other departments as required to ensure that service levels are maintained at the highest level.
• HNC/HND level in Business preferable, or similar equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
• Exposure to lean manufacturing principles.
• Knowledge of ERP systems.
• Demonstrated experience of implementing and embedding Account. Management / Project Management process and procedures.
• Demonstrated experience of applying a customer intimacy model to drive a context for new business opportunity realisation.
• Demonstrated experience of operating with and supporting an enterprise wide collaborative philosophy, SIOP (Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning) preferable.
• Demonstrated experience of effective stakeholder management.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name "Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!