Our client – an integrated petrochemical energy and commodity trading business - is currently looking to add an attorney for the role of Senior Counsel. This position will have overall responsibility for asset acquisition and project commercial activities. This opportunity is located in Shelton, Connecticut.
Why work here?
- Play an integral part of the growth of energy asset acquisition and project development
- Directly impact the direction and success of the business
- Be actively involved in renewable fuels business
- Join a flat corporate and legal structure
- Be a key part of a global, fast-paced, energy company
- Have hands-on responsibility for project acquisition and development from start to finish
What you’ll do:
- Have primary responsibility for all asset acquisition and project development efforts, including reviewing, drafting and managing EPC, services, site lease, financing and related agreements
- Oversee project regulatory and permitting matters
- Work with legal and commercial teams to support commodity trading business
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial trading agreements
- Assist in regulatory strategy and compliance activities
- Assist in corporate governance and policy matters
What you will need:
- JD Degree from accredited law school
- 8+ years’ project development, asset acquisition and finance background
- Will need to meet Connecticut in-house counsel qualifications
- Strong verbal and document and contract drafting ability
- Desire to be a team player in fast-paced environment
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule a time to call me using the link below.