Senior Counsel (FERC Regulatory)
Senior Counsel – FERC Regulatory
Our client, who is a large electric utility company, is currently looking to fill the role of Senior Counsel. The office location for this position will be in Washington, DC.
Why work here?
- Large energy company with operations in 11 jurisdictions
- Largest electric transmission owning company in the United States
- Opportunity to develop, advocate and implement strategic regulatory policy
- Team-based work environment
- 9 times winner of Fortune Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies
- 7 times winner of Edison Electric Institute Edison Award
- Hybrid/Remote work environment
What you’ll do:
- Support company’s federal regulatory activities
- Represent company before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Participate in ISO/RTO matters on behalf of the company
- Support the company’s legal, finance, operations, and other departments
- Provide legal assessments and provide advice and counsel on regulatory matters
- Participate in company discussions concerning regulatory policies
What you will need:
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law in one or more states, preferably including Washington DC, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, West Virginia, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana
- 5 to 10 + years’ experience with FERC electric matters, especially transmission-related issues
- Experience in RTO/ISO matters
- FERC-related experience with law firm, corporate legal department, or staff of a regulatory body
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule a time to call using the link below.