Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Cost Accountant.
The Senior Cost Accountant will report to the Controller and be responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing and Production costing analysis and inventory for all business entities and will require coordination with Corporate Finance and other site management, as necessary.
- Establish costing standards to enable variance analysis of industrial performance.
- Analysis of actual product costs and preparation of monthly reports comparing standard costs to actual costs
- Work closely with Manufacturing to understand drivers behind performance and work in a team to help correct and improve industrial performance.
- Work with operations to manage all aspects of the product cycle (ordering product, managing goods-in transit, etc.)
- Understand the different cost components and develop/adjust standard cost per product
- Input new product information into accounting system
- Analysis of inventory levels and turns, gross margins, shipping costs, etc.
- Post journal entries
- Assist in month end reporting cycle
- Reconcile various accounts
- Special projects as assigned
Click here to apply online
- BS in Accounting
- 3+ years of industrial cost accounting experience
- Ability to work independently, as well as work in a cross functional team
- Attention to detail
- Accurate and timely reporting
- Analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficient in excel
- Experience in multi-functional ERP system (JD Edwards, Oracle, SAP) is a plus.