Senior Cost Accountant
Senior Cost Accountant - Fort Worth, Texas
Our client has a Senior Cost Accountant opportunity in Fort Worth, Texas. This is a permanent opportunity with excellent benefits.
- Perform analysis on profitability by product line, customer, work center, etc.
- Investigate and determine the cause of cost variances.
- Make improvements in the ERP system to allow for better and more timely analysis (understand process flow).
- Analyze general ledger and cost financial data and prepare reports and recommendations for management.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets, forecasts
- Participate in year-end physical inventories, including preparation of reports and schedules as necessary.
- Prepare various ad-hoc reports and undertake special assignments in accounting and financial areas.
- Prepare account reconciliations ensuring accuracy, timely completion, and proper investigation and resolution of variances.
- Preparation of assigned audit schedules and review of staff audit schedules to ensure timely completion, accuracy, understandability, etc.
- Track and report progress on internal control action plans, suggesting improvements where necessary.
- Suggest process improvement initiatives and provide solutions to enhance current processes.
- Required - 4-year degree with a concentration in accounting
- Required - Experience in manufacturing environment specifically performing cost accounting functions, ability to perform analysis and draw conclusions, ability to streamline and improve processes.
- Excellent Excel skills are needed