Our client is a thriving, global technology manufacturer with their corporate headquarters in the Tampa Bay Area. They are currently looking to strengthen their accounting team with the addition of a Senior Cost Accountant. This position will support the operations of multiple manufacturing sites. This individual will report to the Corporate Controller and will be a team player who is highly motivated with strong attention to detail. Responsible for assisting in preparing weekly/monthly inventory reports, preparing journal entries, account analysis, and reconciliations. Must have a proven ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, have relevant technical experience and a strong finance background.
• Maintain and ensure accurate analysis and reporting of inventory
• Process cost of goods sold on a weekly and monthly basis
• Assists in developing budgets and forecasts
• Analyze overhead, cost of sales, manufacturing variances and actual manufacturing costs compared to budget, forecast and prior periods. Prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs, and reports factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
• Develop standard costs for products and maintain the standard cost system
• Calculate and analyze inventory reserves
• Supports analysis of price/volume/mix
• Support the Manufacturing/Operations departments with various analyses
• Assist in developing simple and effective tools for real time analysis of site spend, product margins, and inventory trends
• Assist in providing schedules and supporting documentation as a part of year-end audit
• Assist in month-end and year-end closing process
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of the cost flow throughout the ERP system
• Reconcile perpetual inventory on a monthly and annual basis
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Assist with process improvements related to inventory, manufacturing operations and cost of sales
• Assists in special projects and in the development of the strategic planning process as needed
• A minimum of 4-7 years of experience in cost accounting, with a background in manufacturing
• Bachelor's degree in in Accounting or Finance is required. CPA, CMA or CGMA is preferred
• Advanced competency in Excel (VLOOKUPS, Pivot Tables, etc.) and the ability to use Outlook and Word
• Strong background in inventory accounting and standard cost systems
• The ability to work independently and to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization
**If you are a non-local candidate, please include your relocation plans and/or specific reason for interest in the Tampa Bay Area with your resume. Thank you.