Senior Cost Accountant - Houston, Texas
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Cost Accountant for their corporate office in Houston, Texas. This position is newly created and highly visible
Click here to apply online
- Planning, Studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Maintaining an expense database and analyzing data collected
- Analyzing changes in operations, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports on profit margins by products
- Analyzing new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Creating and maintaining Cost Accounting Model
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Maintain calculation of overhead costs as required by GAAP
- Conducts physical inventory audits and monitors cycle count program
- Assist in investigation and reconciliation of Inventory cycle counting variances
- Minimum of 5-7 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- BS Degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports