One of our clients on the Southside of Atlanta has an immediate need for a senior accountant with strong cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment. This is a permanent opportunity with a strong stable company. The company is offering a generous base salary and bonus with excellent benefits.
In this role, you will report to the Controller who is a CPA. In addition, the company is doing succession planning so the successful candidate will be groomed to eventually move into the controller role.
Click here to apply online
- Timely produces financial reporting, financial cost analysis, and interprets financial information
- Work with Production to ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) are accurate and up to date.
- Develop standards for the budget and provides reporting and variance explanations
- Analyze actual labor, material, and overhead costs
- Prepare and forecast monthly reporting requirements
- Develop key metrics and report on them regularly
- Physical inventory annually
- Work with external auditors on information requests
- Develops costing portion of the annual budget
- Implements and maintains internal controls for operations, sales, and finance
- Create weekly reports that ensure accuracy of costing
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned.