Senior Cost Accountant
Senior Cost Accountant - Lexington, NC
Acts as Project Lead on department projects and key contributor on division projects. Responsible for organization wide compliance, training and development as it relates to Corporate Accounting. Plans, studies and collects data to determine costs of business activity and analyze data to obtain and record results. Responsible for preparation of monthly cost reports and maintenance of cost accounting system. Responsible for Quarterly Cost Summary, Electronic Data Information and accountable for complying with all laws and regulations associated with duties and responsibilities. Job duties require the application and knowledge at the senior professional level.
- Identify, analyze and resolve complex business problems independently.
- Assists senior management with strategic planning initiatives and provides advice and recommendations to department and business unit management
- Stays abreast of regulations and policy changes from state and federal and other governing bodies, identifies business impact, recommends solutions and/or related business changes and advises management accordingly.
- Maintains and updates Cost file to ensure that product cost and customer pricing are correct on daily sales activity.
- Maintains/updates cost accounting master file, prepares cost accounting statistical studies and time records and produces monthly cost reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree and CPA required
- Six years job specific experience. Experience in a manufacturing field preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, Excel, AS400, Inet, and Electronic mail) required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts, terminology, and practices also required.
Click here to apply online