SENIOR CORPORATE (SEC) ACCOUNTANT
Responsible for the preparation of financial statements for internal and external use, including the preparation of analytical explanations. Research and document accounting and financial reporting requirements using all available tools, recommending accounting treatment for complex transactions based on such research. Partial time spent on a mix of general corporate accounting responsibilities.
- Supervise the preparation of the financial statements for external and internal reporting in compliance with SEC regulations and prepare statements for other regulatory reporting as required.
- Act as the Wdesk "super-user" (software used to compile and file financial statements)
- Compile, analyze and maintain supporting documents and schedules for external financial reporting in a logical order that facilitates both internal and external audit reviews in a timely manner.
- Monitor and research applicable GAAP to ensure timely identification of and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide interpretation of guidance and document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Play a key role in providing support for the annual audit and quarterly review activity with external auditors.
- Assist with maintaining compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements and manage the quarterly certification process.
- Perform various high-level analytical analyses over fluctuations in accounts and document results.
- Continuously monitor, recommend, and implement process improvement initiatives to increase effectiveness and productivity.
- Assist in the implementation of special projects; including but not limited to new ERP systems, acquisitions and dispositions, etc.
- Other projects assigned as they arise.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- CPA or in-process is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial reporting or corporate accounting role
- Big4 audit experience preferred
- Experience with SEC / public company financial reporting is required
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC Reporting requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities that require input from individuals at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter, well-organized with excellent attention to detail and a continuous process improvement mindset
- Willingness to take on and assist with new and varied projects as they arise
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Hyperion Financial Management and/or Hyperion Essbase a plus but not required
- Wdesk / Workiva experience a plus but not required