The Senior Accountant will be part of the Corporate Accounting Team and principally responsible for the general accounting process for the Corporate Segment.
This position will be responsible for the processing of assigned journal entries, completion of assigned tasks to facilitate periodic closing of the general ledger, the month-end close process, account reconciliations, and assist with the annual budget preparation and quarterly and year-end audits.
As the Senior Accountant, you will be principally focused on core accounting responsibilities and play an important support role for the entire Finance team, which includes Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis and Financial Systems. The position will provide direct support to the Accounting Manager, Controller, manager of Financial Reporting and Chief Financial Officer and indirect support to the rest of the Finance team.
- Prepare / review monthly general ledger entries
- Prepare / review assigned balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with monthly financial close process
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Assist in the design and implementation of process improvements throughout the Accounting department
- Assist in the development of process documentation
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget
- Ensure the accuracy of data and adherence of the ERP system to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Assist the Accounting Manager, Controller, and Chief Financial Officer on a range of projects, primarily involving financial data collation and analysis
For immediate consideration please submit your resume to Jmb@stafffinancial.com
- 3 to 5 years of directly related corporate accounting experience
- Strong month end financial close experience: full cycle, prepare journal entries, prepare balance sheet reconciliations, etc.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting from an accredited university is required
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail; high level of accuracy and ability to review self-created work
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Excel (Pivots, Vlookups)
- Comfortable performing ad-hoc research and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and problem-solving skills
- A CPA or MBA is preferred but not required
- Experience working with a large ERP systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle, SAP etc...
Click here to apply online