endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Senior Controls Engineer – New Facility Start-up.
Southfield, MI area.
A global leader of motor systems and electric drive assemblies for Electric Vehicles is in the process of launching a new manufacturing plant due to the award of a huge multi-vehicle program by a US OEM.
This is a highly automated, state-of-the-art facility with all brand new equipment currently being installed. We need a Senior Controls Engineer to be the controls leader for this new operation.
The Controls Engineer provides controls / electrical engineering needs for the facility cell and assists maintenance in supporting the plant through trouble shooting / problem solving methodologies to eliminate down time and decrease quality defects to the customer. The Controls Engineer will also write / create / modify programs to meet the plant objectives as well as maintain warranty and customer liabilities.
- Evaluates, trouble shoots, develops designs and implements manufacturing process controls for all assigned programs manufactured in-house including OEM equipment and supply to ensure high quality, productivity, and cost efficiencies.
- Develop algorithms to control devices.
- Provide Controls engineering support plant wide as well as engineering support to the facility.
- Provide support to the Quality Department on customer issues and during customer concerns
- Provide guidance to process engineering and maintenance technicians to minimize down-time and drive continuous improvement.
- Provide justification for standards changes.
- Keeper of backup program communications and downloads.
- Follow procedures and corrective action assignments as required to eliminating or reduce PPM’s.
- Able to provide recommendation on relative technological advancement in controls engineering.
- Ability to troubleshoot data software interface systems.
- Evaluates manufacturing control systems such as Siemens Controls, Robotics, Scanners, Cameras, AGV, SCADA, MES, etc. by applying knowledge of design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observation from operators.
- Assures machine process quality through internal design/ implementation and review of vendor controls using established standards.
- Write and test logic to ensure that error proofing systems are functioning to design intent.
- Conducts research on product and process deficiencies and recommends modifications in products, process methods, or quality standards where warranted.
- Ensure full respect of EHS rules and regulations.
- Assist with any additional tasks as assigned by the company.
- Strong communication skills - ability to interface with other functions - and work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Auto CAD, Electrical and mechanical, Multiple controls logic languages software programming, and robot programming
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or controls engineering required.
- Experience in automotive manufacturing, in a role performing the same/similar essential job functions as described in Job Summary.
- Certifications and/or specialized training in Controls highly desired.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.