Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg (Ottawa office) is looking for an enthusiastic, high performing Senior Control Systems Engineer to join our development team. This is a full-time/permanent position, reporting directly into the site Space Systems Business Unit Lead.
We are primarily targeting candidates residing in or near Ottawa, ON, however we would also consider candidates in or near Winnipeg, MB. This particular position will be largely remote/work-from-home, with occasional requirements to come on-site.
The successful applicant will work in a team environment supporting Space Business products. The Control Systems Engineering role will develop technical solutions related to attitude, control, and orbit determination of spacecraft platforms.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Flexible work hours
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity to work remotely from home
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Understand and interpret customer requirements
- Develop the control systems architecture to implement customer requirements
- Perform control systems design and development, including design and analysis of control algorithms, controller implementation, modeling, simulation, and performance verification
- Prepare project documentation, including requirements definition, specifications, design and analysis reports, and verification plans and reports
- Support the selection and acceptance of control systems hardware
- Interface with Systems Engineering personnel and other subsystem engineers on sizing, layout, power, and command and data aspects of the control systems hardware
- Interface with Software Engineering personnel on the implementation of the developed algorithms
- Participate in unit-level and spacecraft-level testing
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Successful completion of a university degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering Physics, Engineering Science) from a recognized university
- Experience with complex mathematics (e.g. quaternions, Kalman filtering)
- Eligible for Canadian Controlled Goods Registration
- Eligible for Security Clearance to “NATO Secret” level
- Eligibility for enrollment as an “Engineer in Training” or “Professional Engineer” with the Engineering society
- Familiarity with MATLAB and Simulink
- Familiarity with C++ code
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and independently
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.