Senior Contracts Administrator
This position is responsible for serving as a team leader in the accounting department and assists the Director of
Accounting in ensuring the department creates and tracks the accurate and timely submission of contractual
documents, including subcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders. This position will work closely with
Project Managers and Project Accountants ensuring all relevant contractual documents and compliance
documents have been issued, properly executed and meet the company’s requirements. Primary functions are
outlined below:Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Report to the Director of Accounting directly, work with project team in the main office or out at the
• Effectively manage and lead the contract administrator team on a daily basis, ensuring each team
member is given all tools needed to be successful.
• Coordinate and conduct training for contract administrator team as needed.
• Address areas of concern with the contract administrator team; have difficult conversations as needed.
When appropriate, escalate issues or concerns to the Director of Accounting or HR.
• Conduct mid-year and end-of-year performance evaluations for contract administrators.
• Work with operations and contract administration team to ensure deadlines are met monthly, quarterly,
• See each assigned project from start to finish under the direction of multiple Project Managers.
• Prepare, report and analyze each project throughout its duration.
• Set up and maintain assigned projects in Procore; review with the project team at least monthly and
update as needed.
• Generate subcontracts and purchase orders, helping to ensure that all parties comply with the
requirements specified in each contract.
• Produce documents for any changes to the agreement that occur over the course of the contract.
• Execute the closeout process when both parties have met their obligations.
• Generate owner change order requests, change orders, etc.
• Process project billings, owner payment application and project budgets *
• Review budgets prior to interfacing the project management software and financial accounting software
• Communicate with project managers, project accountants, vendors, and external parties to manage
draw requests/requirements *
• Responsible for lien waiver generation, subcontractor insurance verification, subcontractor business
license, and W-9 updates for vendors *
• Interface with Project Managers, senior management, and Project Accountants on all aspects of
contract administration *
• Respond to requests for information and reports.
• Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating
• Track and update various logs as necessary (i.e. buyout tracker, etc)
• Assist in the development for new systems/processes for the department *
• Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor and/or special projects as requested *
*Overlap responsibilities with the Project Accountant team.Requirements
• Minimum of 5-10 years contract administration experience in construction industry required
• Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively coordinate multiple functions and independently
achieve objectives in particular the ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications; experience with construction contractual
documents and compliance requirements, i.e certificates of insurance, payment and performance
bonds, and various states lien law requirements.
• Systems experience with Vista by Viewpoint and Procore is preferred.Click here to apply online