Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Configuration Engineer
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership and other employee discounts
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee advantages scheme
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Long Service Awards
- Free parking
- Assists preparing quotations, planning and implementing tasks
- Is the point of contact for all technical input into Efacs,SAP
- Responsible for establishing feasible solutions to design and engineering problems where precedence does not exist
- Ensures all aspects of the contract review are adhered to
- Ensures all standards procedures are adhered to.
- Has responsibility for WQN’s
- Has the responsibility of all Change Configuration control
- Manages Electronic data transfer
- Is responsible for control of all engineering related documentation
- Min HNC in Engineering related discipline
- Min 10 years related work experience sound knowledge of aircraft structures
- Sound knowledge of multi-discipline engineering fundamentals
- Sound knowledge of multi discipline engineering practices, processes and procedures
- Sound knowledge of aerospace materials, treatments and standard hardware
- Sound knowledge of EASA Part 21 and Airworthiness publications
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!