As a Senior Compliance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring products are designed and manufactured in full compliance with all applicable directives, regulations, and legislative requirements, both domestic and international. Additionally, you are responsible for correctly interpreting standards and understanding all agency concepts and processes. In this role, you are considered the subject matter expert regarding standards that apply to our products.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work for a company that is 100% employee owned. As an employee owner, you are eligible to participate in our employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) program following one year of service.
- Annual company performance bonus
- Ability to work from home
- Defined career paths to help you get where you want to go
- Professional Development opportunities including unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning courses and tuition reimbursement
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO and paid holidays
What You’ll Be Doing
- Open projects with certifying agencies.
- Review product changes to ensure continued compliance.
- Ensure internal and external certification questions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Conduct design assessments to the applicable standard.
- Ensure all products that require agency certification are certified on time and on budget.
- Oversee all product certification audits – work with organizational groups to resolve non-compliances.
- Review and ensure test data are compliant with applicable standards.
- Understand the correct application of the product standards.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
- Understand each certification agencies requirements.
- Ensure identified agency requirements are implemented in a timely manner.
- Create a compliance test plan and execute to completion with minimal guidance.
- Investigate and answer complex certification questions.
- Review new product designs and determine the correct certification requirements.
- Consistently models the Company Values and Expected Behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science in Math or Engineering
- 7+ Years’ Experience in Compliance
- Working knowledge of electrical theory
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong Collaboration skills
- Ability to interpret standards so they can be applied to products
- Working knowledge of agency concepts and processes.
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Advanced knowledge of all products standards and agency processes
- Working knowledge of EMC and control projects