Title: Senior Compensation Consultant
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1009661917
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior Compensation Consultant to work on-site in Irvine, CA with our client, a comprehensive health care organization.
This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working with industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Analyze salary survey results to ensure current pay practices are cost effective and market competitive. Evaluate market and economic trends. Identify variances and develops recommendations. Analyze costs of proposed recommendations.
- Consult with core leaders and Human Resources on issues pertaining to all areas of compensation management.Handle issues with typically large scope, higher levels of complexity, sensitivity and/or visibility with the organization.
- Encourage others to take a strategic approach to solving compensation issues as opposed to simply responding to the current situation. Serve as a resource to explain compensation policy and systems. Provide training on compensation related programs. Act as a subject matter expert in areas of compensation practices.
- Work collaboratively with HR and operations leaders on projects. May be asked to lead team or represent Compensation on system wide initiatives. Serve on committees as necessary as the compensation subject matter expert.
- Work in collaboration with leadership to develop and implement uniform compensation practices (such as policies, procedures and guidelines), and in the design and implementation of training programs for core leaders and staff to help them understand the pay programs.
- Conduct the job evaluation process, consult with HR partners and core leaders who are creating or revising positions to develop job descriptions that meet internal standards and that reflect actual essential functions and minimum requirements. Review job descriptions for content. May request revisions to clarify or enhance the quality and consistency.
- Research market data and selects appropriate benchmarks. Analyze the position completely to determine its relationship to other positions with the Health System ensuring internal equity. Prepare cost analysis and pay grade recommendations. Maintain reports and summaries of results.
- Coordinate with Payroll, HRIS and Talent Acquisition to ensure consistent administration of pay practices. Participate in audits to ensure adherence to compensation programs, policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Perform employee equity review and analysis as needed if concern of inequity is present. Adhere to facility and departmental confidentiality policies.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of new or alternative pay programs. Compile data, perform impact analysis and makes recommendations to management.
- Serve as a resource and provides consultative advice and guidance to explain policy and systems to core leaders. Provide training on compensation-related programs such as performance reviews, merit pay systems, wage and hour training and other related topics. Provide core leaders and HR consultation on wage and hour guidelines, new hire salaries and promotional increases. Provide interpretations on wage/salary matters.
- Serve as a resource and consultant to Employment, Labor and Employee Relations teams regarding wage/salary matters, promotional increases and/or pay changes outside of policy limits. Prepare compensation data, providing research, analysis, cost impact and statistical support to Labor Relations during contract negotiations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Social Science or related field Or equivalent educ/experience.
- 5 years Related compensation experience including data collection and analysis, working knowledge of compensation systems, wage & hour laws, exempt classifications, job evaluation methodology, and principals of wage/salary administration. May also consider a combination of compensation and general HR experience that includes data collection and analysis, working knowledge of compensation systems, wage & hour laws and exempt classifications.
- Healthcare experience.
- Union environment experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and/or local regulations, standards, practices and requirements related to compensation management and salary administration.
- Knowledge of compensation methodology, principles, standards and practices.
- Knowledge of human resources policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of information systems, especially hardware/software applications, and their application to human resources systems. Knowledge of and proficiency in computer skills and applications such as; Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively, courteously and tactfully with difficult situations and/or people to identify issues and solve problems.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and convey information effectively in verbal, written and electronic communication.
- Ability to independently prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines with complete, accurate information and complete analysis of issues.
- Ability to manage multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; anticipating and adjusting for problems and roadblocks.
- Ability to present recommendations and/or decisions and persuade others, as necessary, with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of math and statistics to calculate figures, percentages and algebraic equations.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret market survey data and abstract pertinent information and reach sound conclusions from a variety of data.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective presentations to managers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to apply methods for audit compliance with compensation policies and pay practices.
- CCP certified preferred
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.