The Senior Claims Representative will be responsible for:
- Investigation, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of assigned property claims
- Working within delegated reserve and settlement authority.
- Handling property claims with additional complexities
- May be requested to deploy to a CAT site to assist our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages moderate to high complexity property claims.
- Determines facts of the loss, coverage compensability and degree of exposure.
- Reviews, analyses, and applies policy conditions.
- Establishes timely and accurate property claim and expense reserves.
- Communicates clearly and professionally by telephone and/or written correspondence.
- Serves as a trainer.
- Determines settlement amounts based on independent judgment, estimation of actual cash value and replacement value, contractor estimate validation, appraisals, application of applicable limits and deductibles.
- Negotiates and conveys property claim settlements within authority limits to insureds.
- Controls damage exposures through proper usage of cost containment tools.
- Maintains an effective diary system.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the adjusting of residential and commercial claims or a combination of experience and education.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analytical and decision making skills.
- Bilingual a plus.
- AIC a plus.
- Professional designation specific to claims a plus.