Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Senior CNC Programmer position at our plant in Winnipeg, MB.
The Sr. NC Programmer will be responsible for compiling CNC programs on CAD/CAM systems for lathes and 3 and 5 axis milling machines; as well as preparing associated documentation and program/tool proving. This position will play an important role in the initiation, development and execution of new and existing programs as well as continuous improvements efforts related to machining operations and processes.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Strong background in machining (turning and milling) and cutting tool technology;
- Creating and maintaining part programs for all types of numerical control applications, taking into consideration such factors as machining parameters, cutter selections and control limitations, while ensuring that the design intent and component quality are achieved;
- Demonstrated ability using CAD/CAM systems related to NC machining;
- Experience utilizing the Siemens NX software is a requirement, Catia, Vericut Program proving and ICAM Postprocessor Software considered an asset;
- Completion of a mechanical or engineering technologist diploma together with computer aided numerical control programming and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or 5-10 years relevant practical experience.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.