Senior Designers will be required to support Project Engineers to execute Paint and Sealer Systems business requirements by utilizing 2D and 3D CAD software. The completed drawings will be used for installation and manufacturing of Fanuc Americas Paint and Sealer systems.
- Support Project Engineers with CAD layout, design and detail of mechanical hardware for system requirements. Activities include: system layouts, schematic diagrams and mechanical assemblies (robot dress outs, end of arm tooling, robot structures and engineering guidelines)
- Coordinate design interface with appropriate internal engineering department.
- Verify system functionality on paint and sealing systems interconnect drawings.
- Aggressive cost down approach for all system designs and required tasks.
- Create and maintain standard drawings when applicable, in engineering systems database.
- Provide design leadership using previous design or projects for increased project efficiencies and lowering execution risks and costs.
- Lead design reviews when required in place of Project Engineer.
- Liaison with external engineering design resources, integrators and suppliers when required.
- Recommend engineering analysis as deemed required. Including prototype build, failure / life cycle tests, structure analysis or other tests.
- Assist other Designers and Process Engineers as requested for technically challenging design tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of industrial automation, preferably robot automation systems.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical/pneumatic designs and techniques.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills and high level of 2D AutoCAD and 3D Solidworks knowledge.
- Problem Solving ability, identify causes and offer potential solutions.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a proven design leader.
- Associate degree in engineering or technical related field, Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum five years design experience with industrial/robot automation.
- Experience with automotive paint and sealing technology a plus.
3. PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
- Position involves desk work 75% of the time.
- Execution of system installation requires significant walking and standing on grating and concrete floors.