Title: Senior Buyer
City: San Diego
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1700664469
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior Buyer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in San Diego, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Support the purchasing department to improve its global supply chain performance (cost, quality, delivery, service, innovation) specifically complex mechanical assemblies and LRUs used on gas turbine engines.
- Participate in the purchasing strategy and commodity roadmap definition; deploy best practices and tools to ensure cost reduction and supplier contracting objectives.
- Effectively manage supply chain relationships and contract for the assigned commodities and suppliers.
- Negotiates best terms (price, delivery, and payment terms) with suppliers, while maintaining efficient output of purchase orders, to reach highest quality at best value.
- Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers to meet company sourcing strategies/needs (commodity, program, volume, and timing), in line with the Purchasing Policy and strategy.
- Supplier assessments (risk, maturity, capability and capacity). Obtain information from suppliers concerning product and/or service specifications, price, delivery dates, etc.
- Contribute to the Cost objective plan defined for the commodities of group of suppliers assigned.
- Support the Purchasing Leader for defining the Purchasing roadmaps by providing inputs and results on the commodities and suppliers managed.
- Ensure adherence to the company Supply Chain management policies, procedures and Purchasing best practices.
- Maintain a continuous supply of materials to avoid any disruptions in manufacturing and/or customer service, performing all work with a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Support tactical buyer’s team and provide mentoring.
- Communicates with internal departments such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Planning, Facilities and other departments as necessary to ensure their requirements are met.
- Support the Engineering and Program departments during the industrialization.
- Ensure the supplier respects the main planning’s milestones and delivers the document and/or parts accordingly. Control the cost, quality and logistic terms will not deviate to the initial objectives and before the serial production phase.
- Monitors supplier performance, prepares reports and other records pertaining to the items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product or service performance, supplier performance and/or inventories, as applicable. Support Internal Quality and Logistic departments in case of supplier non-performance.
- Manage LTA and lead negotiations with key suppliers.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the company’s objectives for 100% On Time Deliveries, Quality, 5S, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing (Kanban /pull system) and any other improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree in Business/Economics or related field is desired with 4+ years of experience in Purchasing or High School Diploma with 8+ years of buyer experience.
- Experience in delivering competitive advantage to the business through development and implementation of sourcing strategies for the spend category.
- Ability to lead projects and negotiate with cross functional teams and multitask.
- Good business writing skills and ability to use networks to influence business activity and convince others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good relationship building skills.
- Ability to drive results and obtain information from a team.
- A proven team player with creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi task, problem solve, proactive with good presentation skills and self-initiative.
- Experience in gas turbine engines and SAP is plus
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.