This position will have a critical role in sourcing, negotiating, and procuring materials and components for our heavy fabrication projects. A deep understanding of supplier qualifications, industry best practices, and market trends will be essential to ensure the success of our procurement operations This role requires a strategic thinker with exceptional negotiation skills, strong analytical abilities, and a deep understanding of the supplier landscape within the heavy fabrication sector.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supplier Identification and Qualification: Lead the identification and evaluation of potential suppliers for heavy fabrication materials and components. Develop comprehensive supplier qualification criteria and conduct thorough assessments to ensure suppliers meet quality, capacity, and capability standards. Maintain an up-to-date supplier database and monitor supplier performance through regular audits and evaluations.
- Strategic Sourcing: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define procurement requirements and specifications for heavy fabrication projects. Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies to ensure cost-effectiveness, quality, and timely delivery of materials and components. Conduct market research to stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and innovations that can impact procurement decisions
- Negotiation and Contracting: Lead negotiations with suppliers to secure favorable terms, pricing, and contractual agreements while maintaining strong working relationships. Draft, review, and finalize contracts, ensuring they align with company policies and legal standards.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with key suppliers to drive continuous improvement and address any issues promptly. Work closely with suppliers to optimize lead times, quality control, and delivery schedules, ensuring minimal disruptions to production timelines.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks within the supply chain and develop mitigation strategies to ensure business continuity. Monitor market fluctuations, geopolitical factors, and other external variables that could impact procurement operations.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure supplier performance and the effectiveness of procurement processes. Generate regular reports and presentations for management, highlighting procurement achievements, challenges, and opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in heavy fabrication procurement, supplier qualification, and strategic sourcing
Preferred Certification and licenses:
Click here to apply online
- Professional certifications such as Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP), or similar are strongly preferred.
- (PMP) Solid project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.