Our client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join their organization.
Position Summary: The business analyst is responsible for gathering requirements, developing workflow and system specifications, and execution of tasks required to deliver IT solutions in support of applications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Requirements gathering from the business users and well as developing system specifications for projects, enhancements and bug/issues.
- Work directly with various levels of business users (executive, managers, and processing personnel) to document requirements, review specifications, obtain approval, support UAT and post Production role out.
- Develop business and technical requirement documents as well as technical specifications.
- Learn new databases and systems to produce specifications needed to create financial and analytical reporting requirements
- Supporting quality assurance and user acceptance testing
- Drive solutions via system modifications and/or workflow to implement new processes (automation, regulatory, etc).
- Customer support and guidance.
- Compiling detailed documentation for technical teams (architect, developers, QA, etc
- Issue resolution/escalation including prioritization and tracking.
- Working with developers to assure specifications are understood and followed. Developers included in house development as well as off the shelf software
- Project Management duties.
- Project management of issues through the entire System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong experience in client facing roles with expert skills in requirements gathering with the ability to draw out requirements using a variety of methods to uncover needs that clients would not be able to articulate on their own
- Ability to communicate technically complex IT concepts to business clients
- Must have strong business acumen as well as technical solutions expertise
- 5 to 7 years experience in the SDLC implementing new applications and major enhancements. These include underwriting, financial, statistical reporting and claims systems.
- Experience in data integration and data quality projects.
- Ability to work with technical teams (developers, architects, QA, infrastructure), business partners and software vendors to document and implement system modifications on time and within budget.
- Excellent understanding of how technology impacts the business
- Excellent team player with a proven background of individual contribution.
- Excellent interpersonal, documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the insurance industry implement new applications and major system enhancements.
Preferred Technical Skills
In addition it would be an asset if your experience included
- Strong SQL skills to query SQL databases.
- Understanding of XML language
- Hardware and networking as it relates to system design and implementation
Education and Training:
- Excellent knowledge of the P&C business and familiarity with a broad spectrum of Insurance applications.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or equivalent working experience in information technology
- Insurance specific training or designation a plus