Our Toronto based market research client is looking for a Senior Backend Developer to be a part of their most innovative research platform.
- Collaborate with design, DevOps, and QA to develop innovative server-side architecture.
- Participate in daily scrums, identifying challenges, foreseeing issues, and highlighting wins.
- Work within company standards for testing and documentation.
- Lead feature rollouts, designing inventive solutions, and mentoring junior members of the team.
- 4-5 years’ experience as a back end or full stack developer
- 3-4 years in creating scalable data structures in SQL and NoSQL databases.
- 3-4 years’ experience building RESTful services and APIs.
- Experience improving database queries and optimizing tables/indexes.
Nice to haves
- Strong coding fundamentals, proper styling, commenting, and comfortable with conducting peer code review.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of OOP, DRY, and MVC principles.
- Strong understanding of version control and git flow model.
- Experience with serverless and containers.
- Willing and able to work within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work within and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
STACK IT Recruitment Inc., based in Mississauga, places candidates throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in being the number one recruitment company in information technology. Don’t take our word for it – our track record of placing highly qualified candidates speaks for itself!