endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
This position is accountable for planning and executing financial, operational, and compliance internal audits in order to ensure financial data is accurate, proper internal controls are in place, company policies and procedures are followed, and operations are conducted in an efficient and effective manner. In addition, the position is accountable to assist in the completion of Sarbanes-Oxley work including test design, test completion and identifying opportunities for improvement.
The Senior Auditor I must have strong technical, organizational, and communication skills. The candidate must be capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects and directives. This position may require up to 10% percent travel (US and Canada).
This position reports to the Internal Audit VP. The Senior Auditor supervises and reviews the activities of assigned staff and interns.
- Contribute to the planning of assigned audits including audit scope and objectives, risk assessments, audit programs and time budgets.
Execute audits in accordance with department standards. This includes: a. document the system of internal controls through flowcharts and narratives and evaluate the design of control b. effectively navigate Company computer systems and utilize computer automated programs/tools to gather and analyze audit information. c. effectively communicate with management as part of audit interviews, status updates, issue clearance, etc. d. analytical review of data e. tests of transactions/controls f. review of compliance with policies and procedures g. review of work performed h. identification and communication of issues and related risks to management i. preparation of comprehensive and accurate audit workpapers j. preparation of formal written audit reports k. development of meaningful recommendations for improvement l. accumulate, monitor and report time expended and adherence to approved time budgets
3. Assist in the creation of Sarbanes-Oxley test plans. Complete Sarbanes-Oxley procedures in a timely and effective manner. Make recommendations to management to address any identified issues with internal control design or operation.
4. As necessary, assist the independent auditors in the completion of interim and year-end audit procedures.
5. As necessary, assist the company in the completion of various advisory projects (e.g. due diligence reviews, benchmarking studies, investigations, etc.).
6. Perform pre- and post-implementation reviews of new initiatives (e.g. acquisitions, process and system changes, etc.) to assess the achievement of key management operational and control objectives.
7. Monitor the status of implementation of agreed-upon audit recommendations.
8. Provide on-the-job training and performance review input to assigned staff and interns.
9. Assist the Director in selected technical, improvement, and administrative activities including preparation of Board materials, technical research, annual risk assessment and audit plan development, enhancement of internal audit policies and practices, deployment of audit technology, ethics investigations, and special projects.
10. Develop an understanding of the “Statement of Principles” so that all operations are carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy contained therein.
- Job Qualifications
Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or other business major
• progressive experience in internal audit, public accounting, and/or general accounting/finance. Large firm experience a plus.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or progressing toward certification.
• Computer proficiency (spreadsheets, word processing, database)
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.