Reporting to the Vice President of Sales of globally recognized specialty heavy haul trailer manufacturer. From small excavators to wind blades, compact transformers, bulky machinery to mining machinery and parts to petrochemical plants, the company’s vehicles are operation-oriented and optimally adapted to the respective requirements of their client’s transport tasks.
The Senior Area Sales Manager’s responsibility is to develop and grow mutually beneficial specialty heavy haul trailer client relationships that deliver positive results for both the client and the organization. Works to develop, manage and enhance relationships with clients that the organization services. Identify and develop new business opportunities with both prospective and existing customers. Analyze and monitor markets/industry segments for opportunities, trends and future developments with respect to business and product development. Participates in development of sales strategy and annual sales plan for the identified market segment(s) that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability. Receive, examine and clarify customer specifications in accordance with application requirements and manages the projects with the customer. Use technical knowledge, (mechanical engineering and hydraulics), to find and offer the best product solution to the customer. Meets established sales quotas and revenue goals. Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by sales team. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Technical sales within the specialty trailer, crane and/or rigging industry (8 years+)
- Excellent understanding of market product portfolio and in-depth mechanical and hydraulic engineering knowledge related to trailers
- Relative experience in sales, sales support, business development, and project management
- Strong geographical knowledge (of competition, economic trends, etc.)
- Relationship Building / Networking - Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances
- Effective selling techniques via phone and electronic communication
- Demonstrated ability to close deals; create, submit, and negotiate offers to customers
- Excellent communication and composure (i.e. verbal, written, presentations)
- Travel required – national / international
- College Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or other related field
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook; CRM Systems
- Location: Home Office (US)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- College Degree: Master’s Degree
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information, and resolves issues
- Planning and Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Anticipates client and market opportunities and responds appropriately
- Decision Making: Collects the required data to balance long term and short-term objectives when making decisions.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make timely decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Negotiation Skills: Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online