Senior Analyst, Market Research
About the Organization:
The organization is a professional membership association headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. The organization supports the role of human resources as a profession and provides education, certification, and networking to its members, while lobbying Congress on issues pertinent to labor management.
- Revenue: $113M
- Number of employees: 400
- Members: 285,000
The Senior Analyst is responsible for conducting quantitative and qualitative market research related to different market research areas, including but not limited to pricing research, brand scorecard, member satisfaction, member needs assessment, and product/concept testing. In addition, the position supports the execution of market research-related organizational business operating plan objectives and works collaboratively across the Marketing and Research divisions.
- Manage assigned market research projects and ensure quality controls and on-time results, by working collaboratively with internal clients, other departments, and designated market research vendors.
- Program market research surveys utilizing advanced logic/skip patterns, piping, masking, appended variables, and setting hidden variables. Oversee sample lists, survey design, survey programming by vendor, data analysis and synthesis, creation of preliminary and final reports, and debriefing of clients.
- Execute focus groups and in-depth interviews, for both in-person and online models. Support analyses such as descriptive statistics, significance testing, and correlation.
- For all applicable quantitative and qualitative market research projects, develop a research brief, provide a sampling plan, design questionnaire, program survey, field survey, analyze and synthesize data, produce and present research reports.
- Liaise with internal research resources and interface with global staff to support their market research needs.
- Manage project schedules by creating and following specific and well-defined project timelines. Oversee vendor deliverables, including vendor invoice management and processing within budget.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics, Mathematics or a relevant field
- 5 years of professional experience in market research.
- Working knowledge and experience with programming on survey design platforms such as Confirmit, Qualtrics, Decipher Beacon, or other platforms.
- Experience with data management, including working with large datasets.
- Expert proficiency with MS Excel, Work and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of IBM SPSS.
- Ability to solve complex analytical problems, articulate data management solutions and understanding, and deliver on macro-level business objectives.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate research results and findings to a variety of different stakeholders in the organization.
- Project management skills, including meeting timelines, monitoring budgets and handling vendor management responsibilities.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a rigorous data-centric environment, by successfully interacting and collaborating with product owners, managers, and senior management regarding business challenges and research needs.
- Ability to condense data findings into concise, actionable and easy-to-understand charts and/or presentations.
- Masters degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics, Mathematics or a relevant field, with coursework or a specialization in Market Research
- Experience in an analytical marketing function, membership marketing or associations.
- Working knowledge of and experience with MaxDiff techniques and Sawtooth software.
This job requires occasional travel 0-10%.