Our client, the #1 Retailer in their business model, is expanding the Marketing Analytics team and offers an outstanding opportunity to the data-driven candidate. Strong, market competitive salary, bonus and benefits. Check it out!
Position: SENIOR ANALYST, CUSTOMER ANALYTICS
As part of a data-driven organization, the Senior Analyst of Customer Analytics will be part of a team who employs data to develop and present stories to drive Marketing and business strategies for our client, a public, multi-billion in sales Retailer that is #1 in the U.S. in their business model.
This individual will work with and support the Sr. Manager of Customer Analytics to influence business decisions by developing the appropriate quantitative approaches, applying statistical measures and analyses, and presenting findings and recommendations to multiple internal groups at our client, including Senior leadership.
The Sr. Analyst of Customer Analytics will use data manipulation and data mining capabilities to support the analysis and reporting needs of the Marketing team, cross-functional stakeholders and leadership members. This individual will be responsible for the analysis and interpretation of a wide variety of customer data and research as well as generating reports, monitoring performance of the customer experience in stores and online, and making recommendations to improve departmental reporting and drive company EBIT. This individual will also assist with planning and forecasting sales, as directed by the Sr. Marketing Manager of Customer Analytics, and help provide strategic direction to Marketing, through analysis of data and insights of our client customer audiences, to affect and improve effectiveness of Marketing campaigns.
An ideal candidate for this position is a clear communicator, critical thinker, self-motivated, capable of taking on multiple projects with increasing levels of complexity, and possesses a strong quantitative background as well as a fervent curiosity about consumer behavior and psychology.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage analytics expertise in data manipulation and data mining capabilities to develop understanding of customer behavior and incentives, based on customer behavioral data, demographics, segmentation, and market basket data
- Prepare and present actionable insights to senior leadership, addressing key questions and driving omnichannel customer retention, reactivation, and acquisition strategies
- Identify statistical approaches, build and implement customer data models and reporting to support the business
- Serve as the subject matter expertise for advanced test design and evaluation – including power sampling techniques and determining statistical significance (chi-square, t-test, ANOVA, correlation, etc) as well as recommendations for improving existing analytics processes and deliverables
- Define, measure, and report on key business performance metrics for current and new initiatives
- Perform exploratory analysis of customer and transaction data as well as competitive and industry activities to identify new opportunities for business improvements
- Extract customer data, including customer profile info, campaign response, and transaction data, from existing client systems and resources, using tools such as SAS and SQL
- Ensure data integrity by leveraging proven methodologies, including data reconciliation, data integration and data audits
- Demonstrate effective communication – actively listening to the needs of others, internally and externally – to understand and provide accurate information or solutions, as well as organizational skills – prioritizing appropriately and responding to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude
This position has no supervisory or direct report responsibilities, but offers significant lateral and upward influence, leading strategic conversations across the organization and with senior leadership teams
Position Skills and Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, related analytical degree. Master’s degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in Retail Marketing or Consumer Marketing with focus on customer analytics and/or data mining and preparing/presenting insights to cross-functional business partners, including Senior and Executive levels of leadership
- Proficiency in query language (e.g., SQL or equivalent), statistical software (e.g., SAS or equivalent) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience using basic statistical techniques, such as multiple (non)linear regression, survival analysis, clustering, decision trees, event based modeling, or others
- Fluency in and/or understanding of AI platforms and AI techniques
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills with sound knowledge of statistical and forecasting methods
- Solid understanding of and/or experience working with tag management systems and analytical platform integrations is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with ability to communicate complex ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, meeting aggressive deadlines, prioritizing appropriately and responding to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude
- Proven track record of acting as a self-starter, taking ownership and driving results
- Expertise in use of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in Retail and/or CPG industry is a plus
- Passion for data and using it to better understand customer behavior