Title: Senior Algorithm Software Developer
City: Santa Clara
Job Code: EB-63731
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior Algorithm Software Developer to work for our client; a world-class Fortune-500 Life Sciences company in Santa Clara, CA.
This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Develop world-class data analysis and informatics software to find solutions ranging from discovery of cancer biomarkers to finding pesticides in food.
- Design and implement algorithms and components that allow software to match customer’s workflow with seamless user experiences (UX) and to support analysis, evaluation and visualization of complex data.
- Develop and implement new algorithms and enhance existing algorithms that are used across multiple applications to do biochemical analysis of mass-spec data.
- Invent and re-engineer software algorithms for improved data analysis and software components for meaningful visualization of those complex data sets.
- Interact with internal scientists and external customers to better understand their algorithm and visualization needs.
- Provide leadership in evaluating new and emerging analysis technologies.
- Participate in engineering discussions with other engineers to advance our analysis capabilities
- M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science or related field with at least 8 years of experience as software engineer; or combination of education and experience.
- Experience with large data processing algorithms, numerical analysis, software design patterns and data structures.
- Strong design and programming skills (C#, C++ preferred).
- Digital signal process experience.
- Microsoft .NET and WPF programming experience.
- Machine learning knowledge and experience.
- UI and UX design and development for complex data.
- Life sciences knowledge (e.g. college level biochemistry).
- Mass spectrometry data analysis experience.
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM product development environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player that works well with a diverse collaborative team including scientist and engineers from a variety of disciplines.
- Inquisitive, likes to ask questions and delve into the new and unknown to provide best possible solutions.
- US citizens, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H-1b candidates at this time.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.