The Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for invoicing and collections of invoices for the company in a timely manner, while ensuring integrity of credit documents and aging on the assigned portion of the receivables portfolio. The Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist will support new and ongoing customer credit assessments, credit line increases, and maintenance of customer accounts.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, customer-focused, and results-oriented who clearly understands accounting processes required to analyze cash application and reconciliations.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Process new customer (credit) applications, or complete updates to existing customers’ credit and related export control procedures.
- Make collection calls on past due and near due accounts receivable.
- Investigate and solve problems with customer accounts regarding billing/collection issues.
- Audit all batch invoices with customer PO values for accuracy and submit to customer for payment.
- Audit and process Project invoice requests, and update project files against customer PO values.
- Process payments (credit card) and refunds (account and credit card).
- Audit and invoice against Letter of Credits.
- Assist in the yearly or periodic audit reviews and document preparation.
- Assist with review of customer Tax Exemption Certificates.
- Prepare and submit accounts to outside collections agency.
- Maintain written procedures for all processes.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years relevant accounting experience including maintaining customer accounts and setting internal credit limits.
- Heavy collections volume
- Assist the AR Manager or Group Leader as needed with other duties (may include cash application, tax certificates and other activities as assigned).
- Prepare lien waivers and sworn statements as needed.
- Submit invoices through Customer Web Applications as needed.
- Assist with preparation and review of bad debt reserve analysis as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manufacturing / Automotive Industry experience helpful
- Credit assessment experience preferred.
- Analytical, problem-solving skills – resolve and reconcile customer accounts efficiently.
- Organizational skills – effectively and professionally organize and plan for many simultaneous and complex issues.
- Team player - successfully work in teams, personal initiative, and effectively manage themselves in a somewhat unstructured environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, presenting, and effective written and oral communication.
- Leadership capabilities and capacity for developing and maintaining positive customer relationships at multiple levels (technically and commercially).
- Proven high level of competency in Windows, MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other web-based applications.
- Excel – must be able to do pivot tables and vlookup.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Position involves desk work 90% of the time.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to multi-task, to learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, ability to complete tasks in situations that have a speed or productivity quota.
- Willing to work overtime when required to meet special/critical deadlines.