Senior Accounting Manager
Our industry leading client has an immediate need for a Senior Accounting Manager with a Big 4 audit background. This role does not manage a team but rather oversee accounting of all plant controllers and accounting staff in North America.
This position is responsible for executing the accounting, finance and reporting functions of the Company’s North American Segment consolidated financial statements. Execution of the worldwide month-end close, segment consolidations, general ledger maintenance and generation of financial statements.
• Ensure compliance with the organization's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and internal controls, including financial reporting, external reporting, external audit, and
• Coordinate, direct, plan, and execute the financial reporting component of the external audit.
• Oversight of monthly financial reporting, including review of monthly activity prepared by staff accountants and review of general ledger journal entries and significant balance sheet
• S. GAAP compliance and other regulations by monitoring changes and leading the implementation of required internal procedures to comply with authoritative guidance.
• Manage special projects associated with conversion of accounting systems and integration of accounting processes and reporting
• Analysis of segment level balance sheet and P&L to ensure accuracy of financial reporting
• Prepare monthly/quarterly statement of Cash Flows and cash flow forecast
• Assist in preparation of the monthly General Business Review presentation to executive leadership team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance discipline
• CPA a MUST
• Financial statement audit experience required. Big 4 experience or internal audit experience with a $1Billion plus company a MUST
• 5 to 7 (5-7) years accounting experience with progressively increased responsibility and complexity of which 2+ years were in an audit role, (preferably audit experience in public
• Strong technical accounting skills. Ability to research accounting issues using appropriate guidance, recommend appropriate accounting and write memos to support conclusions in
accordance with US GAAP
• Experience in multi-entity, international, manufacturing environment preferred
• Ability to interpret and analyze commonly used financial reports including company financial statements, variance reports, etc.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills.
• Proficiency using HFM, JDE, Blackline and SAP preferred
If you have the required experience and would like to be considered, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online