Title: Senior Accounting Lead
City: Grand Rapids
Job Code: EB-1964613056
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior Accounting Lead to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Grand Rapids, MI. This is a 6-month contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
As a Senior Accounting Lead, you will be responsible for leading accounting processes in inventory, manufacturing, engineering, revenue and accruals, as well as supporting all planning and reporting aspects thereof, financial support and analysis of all other functions and system issues.
• Cost Accounting (Project, WO, etc.)
• Inventory and Warranty Accounting (including reserves)
• Manages accruals, revenue recognition, and all other aspects of assigned scope
• Related MEC (month-end-close) activities
• Provide guidance on all finance related issues
• Support annual and monthly planning / forecasting
• Provide financial analysis and reports to Corporate as well and internal management
• Financial support of the Engineering organization, including Sales / Work orders review and approval
• Work closely with Program Management Office
• Mentor and training employees as needed
• Develop process and policies that support controls that protect the company’s assets
• Special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis as required
• Business related discipline, Accounting or Finance degree (MBA / CPA / CMA a plus)
• 4+ years Accounting and business experience (Aerospace / Avionics a plus)
• Experience in engineering project and/or cost accounting
• Continuous demonstration of understanding revenue, profitability, product and costs drivers
• Experience with tax Guidelines and Labor Laws
• Knowledge of manufacturing operations and inventory valuation principles
• Experience to negotiate across functional groups with awareness of personality types and styles
• Ability to perform financial analysis, modelling, executive presentations (written and verbal)
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with compensation requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.