endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Job Description: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Assistant Controller
Primary duties include, but are not limited to monthly close schedules, journal entries and account reconciliations, variance analysis, internal & external reporting.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Accounting for various complex accruals (e.g. workers’ compensation, health insurance, etc.)
- Prepare and record various expense allocations for offices
- Assist with process and internal control documentation
- Support yearend audit by preparing required schedules and responding to inquiries
- Assist or lead special projects as needed
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearend financial statements
- Analysis of monthly variances to budget and prior year
- Assist with implementation and monitoring of internal controls
- Assist with research and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA or CPA-ready preferred
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting principles
- High level of excel skills for data analysis
- Hard working with the ability to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional, outgoing personality, flexibility and adaptability to change
- High level of personal drive and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively utilize appropriate resources to resolve issues
- Ability to multi-task, meet specified deadlines and maintain a flexible, positive attitude.
- Problem solving skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage priorities and to make routine decisions independently
- Sets clear priorities and focuses time and energy on them
- Takes action; reliably delivers on commitments
We offer our employees a competitive annual salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes 401(k), Medical, Dental, Short Term Disability and Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off for vacation and paid holidays.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.