Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant. The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Financial Controller and play a proactive role in the day to day activities related to advanced senior accounting work.
- Reconcile all accounts monthly
- Assist with monthly report preparation
- Maintain Tracking Spreadsheets
- Prepaid Amortizations
- Accrued Liabilities
- Additional reporting from financial systems as requested by Controller
- Assist Controller with data collection for product cost history
- Labor Collection
- Review labor reports for data entry errors and prepare labor reports.
- 2-3+ years of Accounting experience in manufacturing accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- Great Plains knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of ADP
- Excellent Excel & MS Office skills (v-lookups and pivot tables a must)
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.