Work Location: 1 New York Plaza, New York, MY 10004
Duration: 10 months
Pay rate: $45.00
The Firm’s US Operations Tax Compliance (OTC) group is a cross-divisional operational team which supports Retail, Institutional, and Corporate business lines. OTC is responsible for ensuring compliance with IRS & State Regulations relating to US tax withholding, reporting, and filing obligations across Retail and Institutional-based clients and legal entities. The successful candidate will:
- Support administration and management of the firm’s FATCA/QI/QDD Compliance Program, including:
- the review and improvement of controls that impact the firm’s ability to comply with documentation, withholding and information reporting regulations,
- performing documentation, withholding and reporting testing and evaluation of Tax Operations processes and firm systems,
- collecting key metrics that provide senior Operations and OTC management with a view of compliance and areas of focus for continuing improvement
- Perform UAT testing for system upgrades, defect fixes, and phased regulatory functionality.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining FATCA, QI, QDD status for applicable firm legal entities.
- Assist the team with the registration of legal entities on the IRS portal, the creation and distribution of firm tax form requests, the preparation W-8/W-9 tax forms for third parties and reconciling legal entity reports among various systems.
Your Experience and Skills
- a Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in Financial Services
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate complex issues succinctly and clearly
- a strong work ethic and attention to details
- solid analytical and problem solving skills
- a risk and compliance mindset
- an advanced proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- willing to learn, and able to balance a diverse work-load with multiple deadlines
- highly organized with the ability to prioritize and think critically
- flexible and capable of prioritizing based on business demands
- team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills reliable and resilient