Senior Accountant - Atlanta, GA - GALLERIA area
The Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting the accounting close process, including monthly financial reporting and annual financial statement audits. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Corporate Controller, CFO and other members of the Accounting team to develop and implement enhanced controls and processes to allow for more efficient and timely month end close and periodic financial reporting to external and internal stakeholders. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will assist in the preparation of monthly budget to actual analyses used to support Executive Management in operational and financial decisions. Other tasks include preparation of periodic journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Maintain ownership of the month end close checklist while working closely with Accounting and other team members to identify and implement changes for continued improvement in the timeliness of the overall close process.
- • Assist in the preparation of periodic financial reporting packages, including i) monthly bank reporting, ii) quarterly Board of Directors presentations, and iii) other ad hoc internal reporting for Executive Management.
- • Accurate and timely preparation of journal entries and month end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- • Ad hoc analysis of variances and trends against budget to support Executive Management in operational and financial decisions, monitor performance of various initiatives, and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- • Provide support during the annual financial statement audit, bank review and other special projects as needed.
- • Execute on various internal controls designed to mitigate risk in daily transaction processing.
- • Other tasks to assist the Accounting and Finance function assigned as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- • 3-4 years of experience preferred
- • Public accounting experience preferred
- • Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and interpersonal skills
- • Ability to work independently to manage workloads and resolve issues timely
- • Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- • Experience with QuickBooks preferred