Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Sr. Accountant will play a proactive role in the day to day activities related to advanced senior accounting work.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Reconcile all accounts monthly
• Assist with monthly report preparation
• Maintain Tracking Spreadsheets
• Prepaid Amortizations
• Accrued Liabilities
• Additional reporting from financial systems as requested by Controller
• Assist Controller with data collection for product cost history
• Labor Collection
• Review labor reports for data entry errors and prepare labor reports.
• 2-3+ years of Accounting experience in manufacturing accounting
• Great Plains knowledge a plus
• Knowledge of ADP
• Excellent Excel & MS Office skills (v-lookups and pivot tables a must)
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
• Experience in manufacturing accounting
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being pe1formed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.