Our growing client has a need for a Senior Accountant to join our rapidly growing team in Birmingham, AL. (Relocation Assistance Available).
This role will own technical accounting, including consolidation accounting, debt and equity instruments, lease accounting, business combinations and more. The role will require a very comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Understand and account for the company’s operations including multiple revenue streams
- Become an expert at accounting issues relevant to the Veterinary industry
- Research and interpret U.S. GAAP on technical accounting issues and have an up to date knowledge of accounting standard updates and their implications.
- Provide technical support and advice on management accounting
- Prepare and review journal entries and transactions
- Coordinates and reconciles balance sheet accounts including but not limited to intangible assets, debt, fixed assets and prepaid assets
- Become an expert in the companies financial reporting including consolidation accounting
- Lead the Company’s adoption of the new lease standards, ASC 842
- Understands and can account for business combinations in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Interpret and evaluate the nature and impact of transactions in given areas of responsibility
- Diligently process and review balance sheet recons and transactions where required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Prepare & facilitate information between locations and to management as required
- Maintain thorough organized records
- CPA and Bachelor’s Degree in finance/Accounting or a related field
- 2 + years’ experience in accounting, audit or other relevant professional capacity
- Public experience preferred.
- Experience working in retail or healthcare industry preferred
- Proficient at working in accounting software
- Advanced Excel Skills & working with large amounts of data
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
To apply, send your resume to William Franks at email@example.com
Click here to apply online