endevis is working with a growing industry leader and ranked a “best company to work for” to find a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for overseeing general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions including project accounting. Senior Accountant responsibilities include ensuring key general ledger accounts are reconciled, maintaining the general ledger and analyzing monthly results. This individual will also be involved with project accounting and interaction with operational functions. The successful candidate combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to prepare and analyze financial reports and forecasts. Collaboration with cross-functional teams is essential. This position will also support the Corporate Controller on acquisitions due diligence, research, analysis, and purchase accounting.
This is a growth position and we are looking for an individual who can get the near-term tactical initiatives documented and accomplished, and who also has the desire and ability to grow with the company.
- Conduct/oversee monthly and quarterly income statement analysis to ensure accurate timely and accurate reporting of financial results.
- Perform calculation for key G/L accounts and ensure necessary adjustments are recorded monthly.
- Complete and assist with monthly/quarterly financial measurement metrics and covenants.
- Work with operations functions on resolution of accounting issues.
- Maintain percentage completion reports and the month end process of over/under billing adjustments.
- Reconciliation of job costing with direct costs on GL.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process.
- Prepare financial statements and internal management reporting.
- Assist with annual audits and other compliance audit as necessary.
- Assist in the review of Accounting Staff workpapers and calculations.
IND-D09endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- 4-6+ years of accounting experience with Percentage of completion experience preferred.
- Experience with Inventory Control desirable.
- ERP System Experience – MS Navision or Great Plains experience strongly preferred
- Must be driven to grow and succeed, be reliable and possess a strong work ethic.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, and accurate.
- Highly proficient with MS Excel.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing process improvements.
- Ability to extract, quantify, analyze, and report on data.
- Self-starter, performance-oriented, resourceful and able to meet the demands of a diverse business environment in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize issues, identify root cause and develop solutions.