Our client is looking for Accounting talent to join their outstanding team! The Senior Accountant will be responsible for day to day activities of accounting for higher risk, more complex transactions and account balances, and performance of the month-end financial statement close processes and internal controls related to those transactions and account balances. Assists with various analyses and requests from management and other departments. Provides guidance and training to lower-level accounting staff.
- Responsible for higher risk or more complex transactions and account balances.
- Serve as "subject matter expert" for assigned areas, including a detailed understanding of the underlying processes and transactions and the ability to analyze anomalies and recommend course of actions. Work with related departments to ensure appropriate accounting and reporting of those areas. Communicate issues clearly and confidently with management and other departments.
- Responsible for timely, accurate financial statement close (related to assigned accounts/transactions) each month. Monitor tasks owned and proactively identify/resolve delays and/or issues. Ensure progress is communicated to supervisor.
- Create and upload journal entries. Appropriately document and support all transactions.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations and analyses for assigned accounts. Perform and document all related internal controls and maintain appropriate evidence.
- Reconcile investment and bank statements to general ledger
- Comply with all corporate policies, GAAP standards and statutory requirements.
- Proactively identify inconsistencies, errors, and/or issues and recommend actions/resolution to supervisor.
- Prepare and maintain process documentation and drive change for new processes and controls or improvements to existing processes and controls. Proactively identify and present proposed process improvements.
- Respond timely and completely to requests from management and other departments.
- Prepare requested supporting schedules for audit and financial reporting purposes.
- Assist with and volunteer for other special projects, implementations, etc.
- Provide guidance and cross-training to lower-level accounting staff.